Wednesday 20 October 2010

There's going to be trouble.

Today has not been too bad a day, the student is in uni so I had a little pootle round, organised tea and went over to Greasy garage so we could strain and swear the 806 inside where the engine can be changed. This is solid progress.



Other things have been less good. The cats live outdoors, there I've said it. Thing is though living outdoors is what we say, what they do when it is cold and wet is quite diferent. Da Man having succesfully sneaked into the house where he immediately went to the kitchen to investigate food possibilities.  As far as he is concerned all food is his.



Well anyway, he took a flying leap at the kitchen units, missed, and fell into the compost bin which was full of old veg and coffee grains. This upset him so much that he had to got and sit on my bed. Where I found him by following the trail of footprints and bits of veg, looking a bit fed up but not even slightly remorseful. 



To add to the general air.Taliesin arrived home from work today and decided to find out why the winch on his discovery is not working. This was all OK except he decided to strip it down on the kitchen table and our tea was slightly disturbed by the wafts of oil and WD40 coming from his work area.

I am not psychic but I feel that the student coming home to all this, is not going to be pleased.

With all the running round today I left lighting the fire to quite late and the temperature in the living room is only 23 degrees, I had better get stoking, she is usually quite cold after a day in university. Mind you I bet things will warm quickly.

R




No comments: