Tuesday 26 October 2010

ohh grief.

It's 23.39 proper time and I cannot believe I am still here.



The student finished her work last night at 01.00. An essay plan had been put together in the car but then the paper went west and we could not find it so another had to be produced.



Cutting a long story shorter she got everything sent off so all was OK if not well.



She trundled off to uni this morning and I sat back for a mad day.



Childer needed to be everywhere and so I had a real driving day and managed to fit in an interview for TV as well. Fame beckons - I wish. I was so time pushed I didn't even have time to get the shaving tackle out so I did a passable impresonation of Claude Greengrass.

I should of course mention the fostering service, they only really pop up to cause us grief. Not having done a visit for much of a year, they are going to need to pack a couple in before the review. which is overdue anyway. So last week our supervising worker phoned to ask when we would be about this week.

 So we have straped ourselves in made sure the place is immaculate, or at least tidy and told the children that doing things with them that promote their resilience and self efficacy is less important than polishing the silver as there is a tick box in the assessment for the one but not the other.

She did not turn up today but tomorrow is probably a cert.  

Tonight we took the kids  to the cinema and watched a really good film, shame I cannot remember what it was called.

The weather there and back would have had to improove a lot to be VILE.

Oh did I mention being vehicularly challenged, the Xantia which is a Citroen and has hydraulic suspension has developed what can best be described as random suspension. Sometimes up, sometimes down, somtimes one end up and the other down.

Makes driving it a barrel of laughs and of course we have to drive it, this weekend to Portsmouth then from Dinan to Roscoff then Plymouth then home.

With the fuel situation in France it seems everything but fluid, as in you cannot have any fluids.

I think I am starting to drivel more than normal.

Time for bed for me.

Might try and award myself a lie in in the morning.

The student of course is off to uni. 

R




 




No comments: