Wednesday 2 February 2011

Water on earth is going on.....

I said these things come in waves.....

Someone at some stage plugged in the upstairs sink and wandered off which left us with water cascading down the walls again. So for the last two days the carpet cleaner has been permananently trying to dry the carpet. But be positive - it's now really really clean!!

The problem with the boiler was ice, there must be water in it's fuel filter which had frozen and blocked everything. Once that thawed it was all Ok again. So the management is at least a bit happier.

Though of course not perfect, yesterday she was off doing her diploma in computing and tried one of the modules for a second time. I am told she failed by 2 marks. Shame really.

Apparently she composed the email, inserted the insertions, attached the attachments, used the mail list to identify recipients - perfect. But she lost a couple of marks for the simplest of mistakes, - did not hit send.....

I have been very good, I am not telling anyone.

I Have of course been a model of supportiveness as she sits there her face a mix of bemuzement bewilderment, frustration and anger. Her fingers sometimes clattering rhythmically on the keyboard, other times thudding the keys through the desk.....
Right next job, My mate brought a huge load of scallops round last night, I am off into town to get some shallots.

Oh and my computer is done, apparently the problem was partially due to me having automatic updates switched on. Because it was on i did not realise that lots of the software was way out of date......

Not so automatic updates.

R

       

1 comment:

gz said...

good to hear that things are getting sorted