Saturday 5 February 2011

Blown away by the day

Good grief has it been breezy!!



Today of course Taliesin had to get his car, something I realised as he very kindly brought me a coffee at 9 am. Not there was a motive ulterior of course.....

Then it was off and away to Ebbw Vale which was fine except I chose to take the little AX over the 806.

For those not of a car mind the AX is a very light little super mini car and the 806 is a people carrier with 7 seats and therefore a bit bigger than you average voiture.

The choice was wise, the AX used so little fuel I cannot believe the engine was running, the tank was well under half full when we left and about 15 litres later we had 200 miles under our belt.

But of course this lightness has a down side, just as a breeze plays merry hell with a leaf and does not touch the tree, the wind was overriding my steering efforts with nasty regularity.   




Now of course this was all a bit interesting for Taliesin on the way up, when I was driving, on the way back, especially on the M4 which he has very little experience of it was close to bowel moving, not for me but for him.

He is someone to be proud to know and he got through it really well, whats more he has a nice car that he likes. That said he also has a car that the stereo might  shatter glass at 100m of if he is not careful.

In my early days we thought 10w per channel was aspirational, if he turned this system  right up the charge light would come on and the engine might stall.

It does not actually have a boot, the back half of the car is so packed with sound system there is no room for anything else.

Yee gods.....

His sister is seriously impressed though.

But then again where is this all going?

His last car had a system that allowed  you to watch films rather than drive around. This is a mobile phone situation here. They used to be a way of letting you talk to someone far away, now they are a means to social networking, having the news delivered, telling you how lost you are, and selling you things you never realised you needed Are cars going down that route too?

We won't go to the car for transport rather go there to see a film or talk to our mates.

That said we have watched the rugby internationals this weekend on laptops - telly being sidelined here at the moment.

Which also in stream of consciousness reflective writing brings me to the people we went to get the car from today.

A proper working class house with real people in it.

I was struck with the hard earned ness of everything they had.

It was  a happy yet soul less house there was a huge telly and all sorts of other things but it was very bland.

They had bought really lovely stuff but not much of it.

Their kids were rushed upstairs where mum hid with them while dad did the deal to sell the car they bought on eBay a bit a go which might  have fitted their lifestyle as a young couple but did not fit their lifestyle as the parents of 3 children.

It has been a long day for me today and I forgot to reorder my medication, so forgive me if I am a bit disjointed.

I know what I mean it's explaining it that's difficult.....

R

















No comments: