Tuesday 8 February 2011

A taxing day

I think it's fair to say that today has veered on the interesting side of interesting.




It should be enough to say that having written this post once allready it went on to blogger completly blank.





This morning I went on line to do our tax return, this should really have gone in at the end of january but serious glitches on their website meant I had to have a number sent to me by post which had duly arrived.


So today complete with the number I went to fill in the tax form.


Ahh but hang on where was the other number?

The revenue has two numbers both of which you need to log on. 

So I had the room apart and after lots of paper got moved found the other piece of paper.

So now I could log on, errr no well no there was also the password.

So there then ensued a battle with the password reset system where I would reset the password try to log in and then get told the password was errr wrong.

So of course every time you have a couple of goes and it won't take the right password the system locks and you have to go away for 3 hours as it resets.

I can say this now, mid morning I didn't, know this and well it was getting a bit lively and exciting.

So of course the obvious thing to do was to use the help line.

One has so say finding the number was not the easyiest thing.

But I found it, so i dialed the number and got to chose an option, 1 to 5, then again, and again, a fair ammount of againing agtain and i got to the end.

I needed to phone another number.

Time for coffee

I could not by now trust myself to talk to a human

So i went downstairs and came back to the room all i needed was the card with one number on it and in the time I had gone and had a coffee the card had evaporated.

So a bit of bedroom dismantling apart, not much, only about half an hour, found me the card

Back to the phone and of course, the revenue having decided that she does all the work and I sit round all day doing not a lot (quiet everyone), this means that I cannot talk to the tax about our affairs because in reality they are her affiars.

By this point i was a bit excitable so I left it till she got home.        

So we went online and without any messing about I went for the change password option,

So up on the screen came the usual things and ohh goodness me the password, assembled from the bit i got on line and she got from her mail joined together did not work.

At the point where i had just blocked the system up again she received a new email from the revenue giving her the second half of the password.

Meaning of course that the passsword we had been plumbing in was of course wrong.

Then I got an autoreply from the help desk at the revenue.

Am I now amused?

U tell me?



R



No comments: