Sunday 20 February 2011

Medication, dodgy stuff...

I suffer from gout something which is normally quite well controlled but every so often things happen and I am struck down.


Reading the early warning signs this morning I decided it was time I took some medications. I take an anti purine most days but if things are getting bad I take a Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory which is very effective against gout but it's just as effective inside my head.


I set off to get Gwion from his little mates house in the bottom of the valley and immediately noted I had a reaction time you could measure in hours and that was assuming i could still recognise things like roads hedges fields and cars.


It strikes me that there are lots of people out there who drink and drive which is a baaad thing. But it would take 3 or 4 pints of strong beer to have the same effect on me as that little white pill I took this morning. I'm not alone, there are lots of people out there routinely popping things diazepan then jumping into cars when drinking a few beers would probably affect them less.

I am home now, well, I think I live here. These children look vaguely familiar and I am sure I know that busy looking woman from somewhere.  Hang on there's a big green fire engine over there, yes this must be my house I could not forget that I own 3 green goddesses....

R

2 comments:

gz said...

it is scary when the medication makes you feel ill

You mean there's more??? said...

It drives the student bonkers, i have to be really ill before I will take the stuff.

I can undertand why some people with mental health problems might not wish to take their medication.