Saturday 10 January 2009

Uuuuuurrrrrrrggggghhhhhh Saturday mornings

There is something sadistic about teachers. Why are all out of school weekend activities at silly o clock in the morning. Who gets up at 9 am on a Saturday for goodness sakes?

Having successfully woken up I was in the civilised Saturday morning routine of drinking coffee in bed, waiting for the managerial laptop to deliver the news from the BBC.

No such civilisation today it was up and at them to take Bruce and Bethan to practice for the "school show", a suspicious sounding event which will probably result in parents having to pay money to sit in a cold hall and be tortured by violin playing where determined enthusiasm is substituted for skill and talent.

But I digress, management made a big song and dance about getting up and driving the children in 20 minutes a trip that would under all circumstances take 30 so they could be where they needed to be and not be late.

Being a loving caring partner I said she should not do that alone, I would come with her. As I said this of course I threw myself out of bed, being a loving caring partner she said that if I was going take them she could go back to bed.

So she did.

Talk about tricked.

Resigning myself to no breakfast I staggered to the car leaving my coffee half drunk. This meant I got to wait 5 minutes in the car for Bethan who had berated me about the need to get a move on as she could not possibly be late and then decided she had a load of things she could not possibly leave the house without doing first.

3 comments:

T.D said...

Nearly killed you driving, murder by exhertion and now tricked cruelly before you'd even finished your coffee. MMmmm......better up my game if i'm going to finish you off!

T.D said...

Blog owner approval?
Cluck! Cluck! Cluck!

Tina said...

Hmmm, away for the weekend to visit hubby's Mum just before her 83rd Birthday...boys room and girls room in the travelodge...girls up bathed feeds sorted room tidied only to discover on tapping on boys room all still in darkness and bleary eyed youngest son opens door to ask whats up???? Why do men think the day starts later because it starts with an S???