Thursday 22 January 2009

Life......

Now, today was going to be an action day.

Out at uni working on a project.

Fortunately management is clever and suggested I check my dates and sure enough I had the wrong one and needed to be there next week.

Bliss and some...

A day off, relaxation planned and going to be executed...

Or not.

Out to make my staple healthy bacon breakfast.

Strange, the AGA felt cool, quick check and it was out.

Run outside, well OK stroll, the oil tank was empty.

Last week there was the best part of 200 gallons in there, this week, none.

BLOODY HELL.

There has been a bit of an industry round here in emptying oil tanks.

First time it has happened to us though.

Oddly I cannot see how they did it.

But anyway, our peaceful easy day is now one of trying to organise a delivery of fuel oil by teatime so that we can cook tea, have hot water and heating.

I should have mentioned of course that we are in the grips of a wood dearth caused largely by our thinking we might have sold up this year and failing to cut enough wood last March and April.


I wonder if anything normal is ever destined to happen to us.

R

2 comments:

Tia said...

You mean that isn't normal?

Normal's boring.
Tia

Tina said...

What gives you the conviction that normal is any different? Sorry for the Oil loss that was a bit of a blow!