Wednesday 28 January 2009

Birthdays to come soon

I am perhaps a bit misty eyed here at Penole today.

With her off chopping down trees again I have turned my mind to pressing matters like her birthday which comes up soon. Those who know me of old will have heard of the many romantic tokens of affection that she has received for her birthday and xmas.

Things like jig saws, steam irons, shovels and rotivators. Things that I am sure she really valued.

I think I took yesterday as a broad hint so I have spent the morning looking for romantic girly clothing type things and to no avail. Not that there isn't any out there, far from it. It's a case of how can one get as much as possible for the money and dear reader I have found the perfect solution.

The Outdoors are the company that sell all the UK governments surplus military clothing and I have spent a happy morning on their website ordering things like pullovers, combat trousers and boots that will delight her for many years to come.

And I am sure she will be delighted.

I cannot wait for her birthday again, I can see her now, present just opened, eyes rolled back in head, face contorted with incredulity that someone could have found her such a romantic gift.

At least that's what I think it is.....

R

No comments: