Saturday 3 January 2009

Living dangerously...

Many many years ago I would spend my summers working in a friends restaurant in Brittany.

The sort of place you could only get out there, up a dead end, no signs, no adverts, 250 covers every lunchtime.

No menu, you got fed whatever took Patricks fancy that day simple paysyenne stuff that was both simple and fantastic.

Steak was a winter dish and in those pre health and safety days it was a lump of meat thrown on a mesh grill on the open wood fire with a hand full of spices.

It left me with a lot of skills and a taste for cooking.

So with management away today I have prepared a simple tea for her return.

This is always dangerous, if you make something simply wonderful there is a danger you might be tasked with doing it again tomorrow and worse still management might feel that she is not irreplaceable.

We could not possibly have that now could we.

R

2 comments:

gz said...

ask the management how I get my lot to assist without nagging!

You mean there's more??? said...

I think the electric cattle prod helps.....