Friday 2 October 2009

Turning on the heat.

It us really lovely here, a fire beguiles and delivers heat at the same time.

We are not to badly served by a couple of days chainsawing, we have a reserve of wood set aside for the depths of winter, dry cut wood stored indoors that should be good for warmth in winter.

I am starting to get the hang of chain saw sharpening machines.

Tonight we have a mix of hard and softwood to burn thankfully we have closed log burners so we can safely use stuff that spits everywhere as all it does is rattle the glass.

Motor wise we are working towards our usual simple situation MOT's are running out and the 806 has another electronic fault, this time with the brakes.

Oh boy - hunt the problem again.

The Xantia has yet to be assessed for a new MOT but luckily the idiot lights on the dash are all off - so far.....

I have a nice quiet weekend in store, a days teaching on Monday sprung on me on Thursday.

Part of me is excited, I have worked towards this for years, part of me is bricking, it's money where my mouth is time. It would have been nice to have a bit of time to prepare though.

GULP.....

R

No comments: