Monday 19 October 2009

Save us from our children......

I love my children don't get me wrong but....

When they are young you run round keeping an eye on them, a continuous round of bottle and nappy with occasional snatches of sleep and you end up knockered.

They get a bit older and you run round beaches and things and generally keep them amused and you end up knackered.

Then every weekend is taken up with rugby this and footie that and swimming here there and everywhere and you end up knackered.

Then there is light at the end of the tunnel, the kids go off doing their own thing and yes it feels like you are a taxi but within certain bounds things are not too bad.

Then your eldest son gets to 17 and he decides that the whole place needs sorting and whats more you are going to help him. What then ensues is a weekend of hell. Monday arrives and you are too tired to feel relief, you long for the good old days when you were knackered.......

R

1 comment:

gz said...

I wish my lot would sort this place- I'm envious!!