Thursday 15 October 2009

Another day another drama,

A day of mixed fortune.

Out of bed up and at them, kids to school and away we went game on. Or off.

First item MOT Xantia - the garage computer threw a hissy fit and all tests were off.

Bookers next and a rumble through the short date discount line department was followed by a Tesco.

This was a serious assault on my will to live and soon I was dreaming of things I would prefer to be doing up to and including chainsawing wood.

By the time we got home we were on a timescale and with a meeting tomorrow I had simply loads of managements hastily scribbled notes to write up. Of course she had started a document on her laptop which records documents in one format, mine of course records them in another and it's mine that has the right pack to speak to the printer.

So Mr Computer Amoeba here had to push the bounds of his competence but managed to print it all in the end.

Gosh I wish I could get the chainsaw chop wood instead.

Just as I was finishing up popped an email offering me a days teaching work in half term, or funding for another weekend away as I call it.

Of course I had to cancel going to a conference but I had two of those in the rest of the year anyway.

R

No comments: