Tuesday 2 September 2008

Selling a house, bring on the valium...

So of course it's now our turn.

I have to go and buy a house, this is actually not so bad. I know what I want and what I want to pay.

We have had one house in mind for a while and the price is moving towards the area of right. So yesterday afternoon I put in a bid and sat back. Turns out the vendor has flown the country and moved back to Oz where her current address is a camper van. "A camper Van OZ". I can anticpate a problem sending her a letter....

So anyway much talking to ourselves, a quick drive round to look at a few others from over the garden wall and well I made an offer on another house. But this one has been on for over a year and the asking price reflects values when it went on.

I had the kind of conversation with the inastate agent they really hate. You know:

R: "I don't want a huge protracted negociation, you need to get the most money for your client but you don;t want them sat there for 5 years waiting to sell either."

A: "Quite"

So far so good.

R: "There's no point wasting each others time, it was on for 450 (Thousand) that means you thought it was worth 425 personally I think that was a bit strong too, and that was last year so since then the market has shifted, 350 would be realistic so if I offer 370 that would be top money"

A"This is no way enough and an offer has to start with 4."

R: Laughs.

A: "In fact the client wants closer to 425."

R: "I want to sell my scrap rover car for 4000 pounds too. Do you really want a sale?"

A: "yes but...."

R: "And you have had lots of offers of that sort of money?"

A: "No but....."

R: "And there have been loads of viewings at that money?"

A: "There have been a few"

R: "Really? When I phoned last week and said I had viewed the place they asked me if I was Mr H or Mr Sims. That would make errh 2"

A: "Yes but"

R: "So really when I said that 450 was a bit strong back in June when I viewed I was not too far out"

A: "well, perhaps it was."

R: "So I suppose your client needs to decide if they want to sell now or wait 4 or 5 years for the market to recover."

A: "They would accept 425."

R: "I bet they would, in the current market, if I was them I bite my hands off! I have offered 370 and that is all I will go to"

A "But the offer really has to start with 4 to be seriously considered"

R: "I am not a charitable grant giving body I can only offer what it's worth"

etc etc.

But this is the rub, things must be a bit desperate, I was chatting to my estate agent and explained the situation to him. How I cannot accept the other guys offer till I have somewhere to go, I cannot camp in December. So the estate agent who is selling for me has offered to see what he can negociate with the other estate agent who is selling to me.

Things must be tight in for inastate agents....

R

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Kym Rose and i would like to show you my personal experience with Valium.

I am 30 years old. Have been on Valium for 30 days now. Valium helped me realize that many of my symptoms WERE anxiety related. Got prescribed 5mg every 8 hours for leg and arm spasms.(Only need at most 1 a day) Only bad thing is the vivid dreams after a few days of use.

I have experienced some of these side effects -
Giddiness, drowsiness.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Kym Rose