Saturday 13 September 2008

GGroan

Today was a wonderful day.

A sunlight special day where the temperature hovered near where it should have been this summer, the clouds stayed where they should have been all summer.

The morning we devoted to the pursuit of winter warmth.

The chainsaw consumed two stroke and in turn consumed wood.

We might be moving but we still need warmth.

A lovely day of activity.

A break from solid weeping rain.

Several weeks firewood, all it takes is one good day of sun.

I love the fireaxes, beautiful tools from long ago.

My big spliting axe must be put aside. It's a 41/2 lb Elwell, they are the very best of axes 50 years old, and this one was unused, too rare to use again.

I really enjoyed my day.

And now I pay.

Someone has filled my shoulders with hot coals I am going to heat some bath oil and soak in it for a few weeks.

No comments: