Saturday 20 September 2008

Normal service is resumed

It has struck me that we have actually been a bit quiet recently.

Ex social workers might not recognise me and management from our delinquent past.

I think we have had a period where we just got out heads down and got on with the job.

All has changed, it must be the prospect of being mortgage free and independant.

I have all these external bodies that treat me as an asset not a nuisance and she has her developing interest in forestry.

But anyway Daycastle has announced it is introducing a policing scheme where Foster carers are required to attend training, no matter how irrelevant, attend meetings, no matter how brain numbingly boring, and go down the pub, yes honestly they will give you marks for going down the pub, or risk being demoted.

Unfortunately, when we fed back our views about this, they in turn decided to respond in writing. I have spent a delightfull evening draughting a response, using such unwelcome phrases as regulation, legislation and of course Care Council.

I am suddenly fired up about fostering again.

Though I suspect there might be a fire in the office on Monday.

R

1 comment:

Tina said...

dont those who like to be known as professionals get up your nose ever so slightly!!! Think I need a good Rosie style sneeze to the knees to get rid!!!
hugs