Saturday 6 September 2008

Deal done

I am still in bed.

The bed we bought last year to replace one that was many years old.

The Velux I have laid at night and looked out of to see the stars roll by lets in the weak light from a cloudy sky.

It has resonated with rain, rattled with wind and poured in sunshine.

All those things I have seen through my special window.

Another is Gwions window, where as a baby he would look in wonder at the wonderful vista that is the view from here.

They say that location is all, and they are right.

This has been a very special house for us. The place where we have brought up our children. They are wonderful children and the wonder of this place has been part of them and will be forever.

My oak tree, the one I planted in 199,3 is growing and will stay here to be part of here for another century.

I will not. But this house will be a place of happy memory a bustling busy house for us and a bustling busy house for another family now.

I would hate for my children to visit me here when I am old and only feel the empty echo of their childhood.


R

1 comment:

Tina said...

We have moved so many times houses rarely hold more than a few memories....some of those are very precious memories though.
Still hoping your move is smooth!
Tina