Wednesday 21 May 2008

OK I give up....

There comes a point in life where you accept the almighty has you in her sights.

After the catalogue of failing transport and domestic appliances, hopes built and then dashed, canceled trips and consequent misery, I thought, naively it must all finish.

But no we trolled on and managed to rebuild a bedroom and realise that the window really is errrr tired, ok the technical phrase is rotten.

Then, the field bike that Tallie had been saving for ages to buy, arrived for me to see that at some stage the carrier had used it as a football and there was serious and significant damage.

He is dismayed as you might well expect.

Management has a new bank card, yes, how disastrous is that?

Then tonight, the corkscrew broke. Yes, the bloody corkscrew gave out.

Now this is not a problem, I have a green goddess outside and there has to be something on there that will meet the challenge.

No says she, one of her augers from the woodland will do it.

I think she might be missing the point.

Someone really has it in for us......

I cannot believe it, as Victor Meldrew would say....

Ha ha you yanks won't have got that one!!!

Rhys



2 comments:

Tia said...

I suspect that if you have overused a corkscrew to the point of expiration, you might just possibly wish to consider taking a break from the wine rather than replacing it!

Tia

You mean there's more??? said...

To be fair to the offending item it is probably a decade old and maybe due retirement.

And with trips to France canceled I suspect a period of abstinence is about to start.

R