Tuesday 27 May 2008

Fosse forks sakes....

So off I went today on one of our epics.

Covered a lot of the UK in one go.

West Wales to Melton Mowbray north to Newark and on some more.

The GPS was taken for company and the atlas for use....

I am now totally convinced of the uselessness of that technology. Autoroute too, very handy to be able to get a map at a click of a button but the route finder should only be used to work out where there will be congestion as the lemmings blindly converge.

I am not sure how much of a part that played in the time being a mere 13 hours, including stops and meals and all down time.

I also dumped the motorway in favour of the A46, I went back to roads the Romans made.

Distance covered in the region of 600 miles on one tank of diesel too.

It has to be said that the Xantia rocks....

It is also absolutely full of parts I bought and Green Goddess related literature recovered from a skip.

R

1 comment:

Tina said...

Newark, you were less than an hour from me you could have brought J and come sort out my SW troubles for me! Always nicer going through somone elses troubles han dealing with your own!
Tina