Monday 12 May 2008

Capacity for chaos.....

I do sometimes wonder about my life.

There are all these people out there who just go and get on with it and everything sort of cruises on. Not me, oh no, now if you have not been driven to sleep by my rantings you will know that on the breaking things front it has been a bit brisk here of late. But there's more....

Last Friday I went all the way across the UK to view a tender sale. The Xantia was like driving an armchair and whisked us there wiping a full 30 minutes off the normal journey time .

Chilled and chilling in the aircon we drove home. There was a funny noise as we left the M5; turns out this was the "wrong oil in the gearbox and it's lunching itself" warning noise.

So home we came on the recovery truck with me convinced that really it had just blown a seal somewhere and dumped the transmision oil.

This morning, out I went and drove slowly over to Greasy Garage where amidst much tutting and whistling through teeth doom was announced.

So, leaving the car there off home I went on eBay bent. But woe was me, the front suspension on the van promptly collapsed . Jesus H christ!!!!!!!!!

This was of course, interesting, since no one daughter is sitting her GCSE's and needed to be in school reasonably nowish.

This in turn meant a consideration of transport, I was cool with taking her there in the fire engine but management was less so. So the van was limped over to school and she was duly delivered.

But eBay has been torn apart and I can't find a spare gearbox and I really don't have a clue about whats wrong with the van, well except that the wheel is very unlikely to fall off.

Oh dear, how could I write that.

Talk about the kiss of death......

R



No comments: