Wednesday 26 September 2007

the lonilness of the one handed typer

I have done something dreadful.

now, i spose in the scale of things its not that bad but try telling no one son.

one of the kindest people on the planet.

now we have at last brought the katten wave under control.

an epic day of catching last year and we had all of them done.

Well nearly all.

Lilith got through the net and this year managed to have two kittens without our knowing.

Me and T went off to get a load of bedford parts and fond mum had smuggled the kits into my van. This in turn meant that T sat with them both on his lap all the way home and raced tem back to mum when we got back.

He is a lovely boy.

All was OK we had homes sort of lined up for them both and they were nice little things until they started to move about.

One of them though became a a bit different.

Every time he heard my voice the din would start.

He would come charging to find me where ever I was.

They talk about people having pets, this little chap had a human.

He is now about 2 months old.

So anyway today his sib was ill and in the rush to bring the kitten into the house i didn't realise he was there and shut the door on his leg.

The vet is none to optimistic he's a bit young to take GA and the leg is shattered.

So he's going to try and whip it off tomorrow morning when if the anaesthetic and shock don't kill him he should be OK.

Vet dealt with the cat his nurse found me an chair before I fell over.

"Yes yes I am a big tough man I can cope."

"Sit him down before he falls over"

Of course this makes me the worst person in the world if you ask the kids.

Puss, oh no worries , he has forgiven me, no malice there.

If is not easy though.

Typing is so much easier if you have two hands and dont have a cat under your armpit.

Every time I try to move he howls, put him down and he cries , I have managed to get him to accept the MD for a few minutes .

But I know I will go upstairs and say something and the instant he hears the noise will start.

"Maaaaawwwww maw maw" or here is am over here in cat.

The noise will only stop when I am "over here too.

God I hope he lives.

The kids will hate me.

So will I

1 comment:

Ruenig said...

Dad, I've allready said this to mum, but I will say it to you.
We don't blame you, we don't think it was you're fault, we don't think you're guilty of anything. You do, you feel guilty and you're blaming yourself wrongly. If Nuin, or to be called "Tripod", can forgive you then you've never really hurt him. If he's happy, the there's nothing wrong!