Wednesday 5 January 2011

Smokin.....

Now things have been busy of late so we did not get round to putting a stove in. The house next door has needed a fire to get the air moving and warm the place.

A vital part of the building project. 

So anyway today we got the job done, stove in and ready to rock and roll. Well it started out like that, with the stove in place and piped in we lit it. I sort of got suspicious when smoke started coming out of the wall. I am serious now there was smoke jetting out of bits of the wall.

I am not a builder but I think  even I could work out that this was not supposed to be happening.

A trip outside revealed smoke coming out of the chimney but not half as much as was coming out the wall.

I opened some windows but the student decided this was even worse than having them shut.

Then there was a bit of a falling noise from the chimney and no smoke at all was going up the flue, it was like a smoking house in there. All we needed was kippers.

I could tell where the student was by following the coughing and swearing

So of course the stove comes out tomorrow, (hearth kit Green Goddess) then we look up the flue and rod it through (rod kit Green Goddess).  After that we take it from there, might need a load more tools off the fire engine.


1 comment:

gz said...

sounds like a flue liner is needed once the chimney is unblocked