Sunday 23 January 2011

scaffold builders

Today has been a right bitza of a day, the student is firmly locked into her essay and walled up in the bedroom.

I decided a bit of axeology might be in order now that we have decided, sudden artic blasts notwithstanding we definately have enough wood to see out the winter.

That said I am not ruling out chainsaw days if the weather is right, we can allways stack it for next winter.

So this afternoon Taliesin and I set about the task of moving the scaffolding outside the house. This took a lot of heaving banging and swearing. Taliesin falling off and us moving the really heavy fire engine ladders about. With phase one complete, we started to build the scaffolding back up. All was going well till it stopped going to plan, Taliesin getting madder and madder till eventually he hit my hand with a lump hammer, by accident I hope.

At this point i decided I was getting bored with this and it was time to come in and admire all the housewokr rhe kids hadn't bothered with and feed the cats.

Management is still typing away and I am typing with the hand that sort of works.

Great and I have to blast up the M4 this week.

R       

No comments: