Thursday 18 November 2010

A long day

Running round the place today but not in the Xantia which is not making I want to run noises.


The student is really pissed of with the dead car and no ammount of telling her what really happened seemd to be working.

But we went off to Bookers ( a wholesaler) today and we did some pretty strong deals on stuff that is on a short date, so we can stick stuff in the freezer for the future.
 
But we are probably back into fostering proper.

We have a young man coming here on respite who looks, on paper, like a one  man crime wave.

This is where we went into fostering years ago.

And, you know what, the young people were usually great.

The service was the problem.

Having said that I had a long time on the phone today with some brain donor who had been charged with reading the risk assesment to me but could not commit to sending me a copy.

Or tell me a thing about the young person because all he had to go by was the risk assessment  #

That really helped me

Then a conversation with a very experienced social worker.

Oh did I say we had a long chat with the CAMHS nurse because we trust her judgement.

And we spoke to the current carer who is very new to the system.

I think we can deliver for this young man.

Then again been there and bought the  T shirt....




R

 


 
 


 


1 comment:

gz said...

Hope all goes well on all fronts