Saturday 10 April 2010

The weather is not allways your friend.

It came to pass that, yesterday I had a meeting.

This was a perfect excuse for management to go and see her mum, take 2 kids to stay with relatives and a nice little time envelope to get it all in.

Ah yes best laid plans.

Now of course this being a "meeting" I left the sensible walking boots in the house and put on my interview, party and funeral shoes.

So when I got myself dropped off close to the meeting, it was a bit sad, a disappointment to discover I had got my geography a bit wrong.

2 miles wrong in fact, still it was a nice walk and I walked it.

Then of course the wheels said bye bye to the cart. Management got caught up the chaos on the motorway where a fatal crash brought the whole thing to a standstill.

This in turn produced monster delays and chaos, meanwhile my meeting finished and I walked 2 miles back to where she had dropped me off. A conversation with Branwen revealed that management had successfully got lost after dropping me and so I walked another 2 miles to somewhere management knew.

Then it became clear that there was chaos on the roads and since I had nothing better to do, I went to the pub. Well no, I didn't fancy the first one, so I pushed on to the next one that which was closed as was the one up the road from it.

I pushed on, then decided I might as well just walk towards the motorway, not realizing that the management was really seriously delayed. I had covered a further 5 miles by the time she got to me, now lets see thats 2 + 2 +.....

Well lets just say lots and in what was rapidly feeling more like a device of torture than footwear.

It would have been nice if my dear beloved and loving children had been concerned and sympathetic when they got to me rather than being close to bladder incontinent with mirth.

So anyway we came home by which time my dear son had phoned to indicate his readiness to be collected and come home. Bethan, God bless her might not be a first choice as a PA, She had indeed noted he needed collecting but left out the minor question of where he was. West Wales is quite a large place to go playing find the son but anyway off we went.

With my legs now beginning to feel like they had been splinted and filled with burning coal we managed to find no one son after an irate phone call from Branwen who seemed to think that the fact that the O2 mobile system is pretty grim in West Wales was down to me personally.

So anyway it was home and bed.

Then of course today dawned, a lovely day, an ideal day, a day you could really have used Taliesin being in work as it gets the little slave driver out of the way.

Morning was given over to taking Branwen to stay with some of her mates the afternoon to demolition.

This weather does not give you any excuses not to work.

Having moved a piano, no, I'm not joking now. We set to taking some walls down. Of course we needed tools to do this and we all know that the most versatile toolbox in the world is large 4 wheel drive and green. Soon sledge hammers were deployed wreaking bars in use shovels shoveling and of course we could not possibly manage to do anything without a hearth kit could we...

But by tea time we had quite a big section of old lath and plaster wall reduced to dust and my, does it ever generate dust.

This of course has left me just a little tired, OK then, a lot tired, but of course tomorrow will be a day of rest, or not; more to demolish and shovel up and barrow away and burn.

I wonder if I will feel as good as this tomorrow, or if I will feel even worse......

R

No comments: