Friday 16 April 2010

More peace - in pieces.....

So today was going to be quiet.

The management for reasons too complex to discuss here was off on a train journey.

All I had to do was tidy up a bit, find the papers for the IVECO, meet the man coming from London to collect it, count the money, wave him on his way. Then go to the opticians.

A quiet day.

RIIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHT.

So it was just a matter of getting the V5 sorted and ready, this proved a bit errrrr.....

complex.

The paperwork had been out a few weeks back so I knew exactly where to look for it.

My laptop case.

But,

there

it

wasn't.

Cursing, I cast around for where it was. Now, I am nothing if not meticulous: paperwork belongs in tidy conical heaps, management is nothing if not systematic: gathering it all up and randomly ramming it into cupboards drawers and boxes.

Not just paperwork mind, yesterday I discovered I have 4 pairs of sandals.

Well no, maybe not quite. I have 4 pairs of sandals. In the shoe box I have: 3 x 1/2 pairs and one pair in the very bottom and furthest reach of the shoe box behind all the 1/2 pairs of wellingtons.

Round here, out of sight is definitely out of mind. It's why some of our cupboards should have hazard notices. Opening the door might unleash a violent volcano explosion of socks and sleeping bags overwhelming everything in it's path.

Soon I had consumed hours taking the house apart and not found the right paper. But I seemed to have about 5 years worth of car insurance policies and numerous log books for cars we don't own any more.

Then of course the phone rang and the man who was buying the van reported he had missed the train, yes, THE train that comes to town every day. I would need to drive another 30 or so miles to collect him.

Ohhhhh how I laughed.

At least this gained me another hour to spend throwing paper in the air.

Oh did I mention needing to get fuel for the digger and the mower and the chainsaw?

No?

So by lunchtime I was thoroughly "smiling and serene" I checked my laptop case one last time and, what was tucked into one of the pockets?

No, I cannot bring myself to say.

And by now I had missed the opticians.....

Ah well, at least I am in funds.

I think maybe the management and I need to to book another weekend away.....

Still it could be worse, I could be trying to get to America by air.

And I have an amazing amount of paper to burn in the morning, after I scaffold the back of the house.

And Taliesin has just announced that the digger has thrown a track again.

R

No comments: