Thursday 23 October 2008

stormy weather...

The weather has changed overnight.

Gone the crisp sunshine.

We have blustering gale and sheets of water.

Water rushes across fields.

Pours across roads.

Pauses in pools.

Rivers leave their beds and explore the roads and fields.

All in all it's pretty bloody wet.

So today with the weather so clement she decided to drive over a kerb at about 40 mph.

Citroen suspension seemed unphased but the rim was not that impressed.

Over 50 MPH it feels like you are driving on square wheels.

Really I need to jack the car up, remove the wheel and see what has happened.

I am remarkably unkeen though to do that in a howling gale lying in a pool of cold water. I know, I know, another life experience refused, except it wasn't.

I have previously freed off the clutch pedal of a Bedford RS whilst lying in a stream; it was not fun, just in case you were wondering.

So we head into half term, minus the car.

Given that choice, I think I might find some deep puddle, park the car and set to work.....

R

No comments: