Wednesday 30 July 2008

a suprise post.....

This is all a bit of a surprise really. Just as I had resigned myself to a month of silence the chance presents itself and I explode back into blogworld with errrh a blog actually.

What is possibly even more suprising is the course of events that I am about to detail. Us off somewhere should have the grisly ghouls amongst both my readers rubbing their hands in gleeful anticipation of a tale of disaster and catastrophe.

Well OK, we forgot the cooker. Yes we cooked breakfast and then left it behind having to resort to telephoned instructions to the perfect one (managements eldest son) left behind to guard the house as to how you disconnect a gas cylinder.

Thinking about it that has probably produced a disaster at home of which not one has informed us since the phone melted in the subsequent explosion and fire.

But I digress, we made buisinesike progress to Daycastle where we collected a child (and made up the number of minutes late leaving HQ) We made leisurely progress to Exeter which made for a frantic last 15 miles as we headed for Plymouth with the options of either changing money or making the ferry in prospect.

As it turned out we did both and we fed the kids as well.

Unbelivably, Brittany Ferries had also allocated our usual spot on the ferry (wedged in the corner right behind the last of the trucks and camper vans) forcing us instead to park right and tight against the bow doors in a position where we were amongst the very first off the ship. This in turn made for very early arrival here and of course bed and sleep.

The first day, I think the last few weeks really hit me, oh and we realised we had forgotten the strimmer and that the grass, uncut this year was chest height. Oh and we found I hadn’t paid the phone bill either, now you mention it there are elements of normal service.

As I said the first day I fell asleep several times, just crashed on the settee which was of course the perfect preparation for a wedding. Wedding?

Now I have got very brave here and decided to type this at home before venturing to the internet café, braving my blog and using something the kids had told about, cut and paste to stick this into my blog. One of the principal reasons for us to be here is a the wedding of Eva the daughter of one of our longest standing friends locally, obviously wedding means photographs and I am less confident in my ability to cut and paste such a technically challenging entry. It will have to wait.

Waiting is not an option with children having worked up on Gureledan, yesterday we set off for Trevignion and the sea with canoes Now I like sea canoeing, far better than pottering around a flat lake, and yesterday the sea was serving up surf. Let me immediately make something clear, despite what you might read elsewhere, I was coming back in on the surf displaying my usual consummate skill when I reached the point where I felt is prudent to alight. Naturally, to achieve this I allowed the canoe to go broadside to the wave which allowed me to step off with dignity. There is no question that I capsized and the phrase “fell off” should not even enter thought. And I don’t care about the video footage, that is “misleading” to put it mildly, I have agreed not to sue, well unless it goes on you tube….

No comments: