Saturday 14 February 2009

My perfect Valentine.

We are a little misty eyed here at Penole today.

Fully aware of the date I thought of a few gestures to share my romantic feelings with the mistress of all we owe money on.

So, of course I spent a good part of yesterday resurrecting the aga so that object of my affections does not have to cook for 9 on a 2 ring camping stove.

Pleased with my efforts I went on eBay and bought her not one but two magnifying lenses, so that, next auction she will be able to read names on the water colours and if one comes up that would fetch over a grand up country she will not drop out of the bidding at 50 quid....

I am not sure why but she did not seem bowled over by these gestures of affection.

Still all is not grief.

Just when we thought nothing was happening, our buyer has reappeared. With a sense of humour too. He has put in an offer of about half what our house was valued at 18 months ago. I do like a laugh of a morning.

R

No comments: