Monday 16 February 2009

The lady's not for waiting.

Now, I should observe that the lady in question, the management, does not do waiting.

Patience is a virtue in which she was singularly sold short.

So this morning as I was talking to the inastate agent I was getting constant hints and suggestions of what I should be saying, whilst the lady in question of course declined to have the conversation for herself.

All deals appears to be off again with our supposed buyer living in a happy state in dream land; thinking that because he has taken a huge tumble on what he is selling I should take an even bigger cut in what I am selling here so that he does not have to lose out. I will carry any loses for him. Maybe he is a UK banker, they seem to think that everyone apart from them has to take a hit when the markets go jumpy.

Is he a banker, is does it rhyme with....

Talking a tumble selling houses is all very well but only if everyone is doing it.

The person selling the house we want was decidedly cool when a new offer was presented, in fact, she has decided that she can do up the house and sell it on at a profit.

That might not be a terribly wise decision, build costs have soared this last year and there is no guarantee that by the time you bring a house to market values will not have tumbled even further.

Though of course it could be argued, if you were me, that it could be a win win as she brings that house back to a market that could be even flatter in 12 months time with all the work done, I might be able to grab myself a proper bargain...

But, management has succesfully concealed her happiness by stomping round the house and she is now planning planting seeds after she has finished with the firewood we need to get cut today.

Management with an axe..

Hmmm that is not a good thought...

No comments: