Thursday 12 February 2009

Glory days of normalitty....

I am getting annoyed with myself, every time I seem to hit "post" after I think of a title and before I write anythings.

It has been a fortunate and quiet week, well OK maybe I exaggerate.

The kids have taken it in turns to be ill.

Bethan and Branwen and now Taliesin off in bed suffering from the bubonic plague that management has nearly gotten over she was almost zombie like over the weekend.

To be fair I have not seen her this ill in a while. Tallie has been the illest I have ever seen him.

Of course this coincided with me being all day in work yesterday. Something I could not get out of as there was a request for an interview in Welsh and as far as welsh speakers are concerned I am it as far as the degree goes.

Naturally, last week management had lost a lens from her glasses in the snow and meaning I had also to be on standby for any driving duties.

Goodness me what a day of running round!

Because of course this is my life, the person who was supposed to be interviewed in Welsh didn't turn up so I could simply have stayed home.

Since I was on strong money an hour I stayed anyway.

add to this the IVECO being reluctant in the battery department when it's cold and the Xantia having a slow puncture it all added up to a fun few days.

I had managed to get a load of wood in Tuesday as well as running round getting sick children from school.

So we celebrated today by waving the chainsaw a bit and I filled in with the axe.

She is a bit happier with us now having both wood stoves making up for a couple of days of being out.

Ohh did I mention that the wood ran out over the weekend - minor detail and easily overlooked.

R

No comments: