Friday 6 February 2009

another uneventfull day.

Today we had a meeting.

Now of course this was important and a long way away so up the drive in Gloria to where the car had been parked yesterday.

Down to the B road and a clear run to the M4.

There were multiple motorway problems but fortunately not for us.

The day passed off quite uneventfully and the meeting was over quickly.

Home then.

A blast back with a diversion to pick up a parcel that our local lateral thinking parcel force driver left at my mates garage because he could not get to the house.

So this was us at the top of the snowy drive.

Management fancied that we would be able to get the car back to the house and so she elected to drive it.

Leaving me the less onerous task of turning Gloria around then following her in.

Of course this was not going to be that simple.

Having driven down the road and turned round I was was confronted by the management apparently parked on the drive.

No, she was in front of the car waving the shovel about.

Now, I must say it was pretty damn cold and one of the nice things about a GG is the wonderful heater.

Being managerial I decided that she really was doing a good job so I sat and waited patiently for her, well OK, I might have beeped the horn once or twice to encourage her. There was a nasty draught coming in from the door...

Several goes and she got quite a lot further down the drive with one tow from the GG to pull her back out of a particularly deep drift.

She was obviously struggling and really needed some help.

It was time I acted.

Being decisive I got my phone out and started taking pictures.

This was exactly what she needed.

She looked at me and it was as if a red mist descended.

She got back in the car and took off on two jets of snow, as if her hair was on fire.

She got all the way back to the house in one go.

Then of course it was time to open her present box.

All the military surplus stuff had arrived and she could check the box to see all the treasure in store.

She looked suitably horrified but as we speak she is wearing naval work trousers and a superb pair of warm socks.

Her goretex trousers have been borrowed by Taliesin, he is off somewhere staying with one of his little mates.

I am sure she loves me really....

R

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So your military outdoor wear arrived. Where's mine, which I ordered only the day after you?