Sunday 8 July 2012

Having an adventure

Life is too short to be boring so with the requirement to be at London this morning at 10 AM, the student and i pointed the trusty C4 east at 4 o clock in the morning.

The weather was truly awful with great clouds of spray everywhere, really hairy conditions on the M4 which was anyway partially closed as some bridge was falling down.
 
We made sterling time and fairly soon we were off the motorway at Heathrow into Hounslow West where parking was free on the weekend.

On to the underground and a day pass was a very reasonable £8.50, it took the best part of an hour to cross the city, with the student on the phone telling Bethan to let the chickens out to the obvious amusement of some of the other passengers.

 About 20 minutes early I was at the authentication venue to collect my Olympic paperwork. This was just as well. People who worked there said that yesterday people had been standing round for two hours in the rain waiting to be seen. The week before it had been heatwave and people dropping like flies. The Ambulance Service were on hand today, just in case.

Being a bit  early I was at the front of the line. Meaning that when things really backed up, as in a couple of hundred metres of people I was comfortably at the front. of the line.

It was all a  bit daft though, I was through there in about 30 minutes flat. It was then heading home time, we    had a lovely relaxed run across London. I know how a sardine must feel...

We popped up out of the system for some breakfast. Yeee gods we have it nice here in the West of Wales, Victoria was a mad scrum of people. People in London seem to be either frenetic or lost and bewildered. I love the stress light West Wales life.

We got out on the M4 and home beckoned, weather had improved so the trip was a lot easier.

Indeed we had time to pop out and see Branwen at work in her new job.

For some reason I felt like an early night. Not before checking what was my likely fate in the Olympics. Lets see I had, based on my previous experience applied to be a security operative in South Wales, it looks as if I am going to be a glorified bus conductor in London.

R  

   

No comments: