Thursday 10 May 2012

Sometimes you role in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Ages ago, when they were at primary school, another summer of disaster and catastrophe drew to a close, kids went back to school and obviously tales were exchanged. One of ours came home and asked why nothing boring ever happened to us.

I've been thinking, this last few weeks that the child involved had a point.

I mean what would I write about if everything went to plan.

You are interested when I am bringing a van full of kids up the M5 and the tyre on the trailer blew out, meaning we had to add a 12 foot dinghy, 25 horse outboard 3 canoes paddles and life jackets to the van that already had nine of us and all our camping gear plus serious supplies of wine. Realistically I could have found a campsite and got a new wheel and tyre next morning. That would have been simple but no, we had to try the complex route.

If I had reported we drove home up the M5 and nothing blew up broke or fell off, it would be boring, wouldn't it??

With the first of our Looked after Children turning 18 soon, everyone looking for summer jobs, me having found one too, it's all change again. Maybe my purpose in really is to serve as a warning to other people....


R   

No comments: