Thursday 31 May 2012

Parent of the student.

Now, I am a parent and she is a student. So I suppose there is an expectation I should be shocked and appalled.

Off went her mother her and I to get her stuff from her student room. My first thought on walking through the door was that the place had been broken into and rummaged. No, it turned out, it always looked like this, to duplicate the effect in your house would require a modest explosive charge.

The second thing to hit you was a quite distinctive whif, god it penned in there and some. Turns out the young student had clothes going back a little while that had not been washed. Deeper examinations revealed "little while" included September when she arrived.

Of course I am appalled by this, just like my parents were when I was at  university.....

R


 

No comments: