Friday 25 May 2012

IKEA way out of this.

As if the week had not contained enough, friends from Brittany are visiting us on Sunday.

Of course this is a "no room at the inn" situation so with nobody yet moved in next door, we had to get some beds organised.

For reasons I am not sure about this meant IKEA which was a 200 mile drive, there and back.

So tonight off we went.

Of course that was after today when I discovered why the other Green Goddess is not running right.

It's because it needs an engine rebuild

Of yes, I was delighted.

Actually if I had started on that GG, I could have called in the pros and the work could have been done early this week and they would both be ready.

But  flicking forwards to tonight it seems everyone and their brother took off for west wales this weekend And I can tell you that they spent a long time sat on the M4...

 When we got to IKEA the student displayed typical cunning.

We had two beds to buy and of course the frames weigh, so she suggested I went and got those. She went and got the mattresses, of course she hadn't factored in that mattresses stood up on a trolley flop about a bit.

So as I trundled briskly towards the checkout, she pursued me trying not to demolish too many displays.

It was quite comic really.

A nice end to a day.         

The student has been hard at it gardening.

The temperature has been just short of melting.

Goodness have I done some drinking today - all water.

Gosh

R

 

No comments: