Wednesday 1 December 2010

Water on earth am I going to do now.

So this morning out I went into the cold blue yonder.



The student declined University so we spent some time wrestling the pipe and connecting things up to restore our water.





Yay.




Water ran, washing machines and dishwashers  washed.

Then we went a shopping, which meant the water stopped flowing and water that is not moving can easily errr freeze.

So that was that.

I am not sure what had frozen but something has.

Tomorrow morning we bring about 100 foot of pipe into the house and heat it till it thaws.

Then we can connect it up again then we have water.

Oh joy!!

Something today was a bit funny though; the front page of the Daily Mail.

It said something along the lines of "Punished for being English". This left me a bit bemused so I read on.

Apparently English univesity students have to pay huge fees whilst Welsh and Scottish students do not.

That's right, your government chose this option - you voted for them.

The devolved assembly chose something else, I voted for them.

Apparently this is unfair, I am not sure what though, England is facing up to naked neoliberalism and Wales is chosing a more people centered approach.

There was a box and you put a tick in it, you must accept the consequences, of course, you might have voted for one thing and got another - that's different, I suspect a lot of students went for the Lib Dems precisely because they proposed the opposite to what they are now delivering.  

The state deserves everything it will get.

R

 


No comments: