Monday 5 July 2010

How green wood you be.

Sort of getting back on my feet after the horrid gout episode that really sidelined me.



Off today to the woodyard and dragging trailer loads of wood back here whilst pretending I do not know what the maximum load for an 806 is.


Guessed it was a bit loaded though when I met Bethan coming up the drive on driving lesson bent at a point where it was either reverse 500 m with the trailer on the back or drive down through the field.Some very odd creaks and groans from the 806 as I crossed a few ruts.




Then to compound it all met Bethan again coming the other way, did she slow down, did she give way, Is she her mothers daughter.....



Instructor and I both took cover, Bethan just steamed on missing the trailer by microns, that was either skill or something else.

At least the management is a little happier, this conferencing thing demands a bit of respectability, not quite morning suit but a bit tidy nonetheless.



Management was decidedly perturbed, she seems a lot happier now I am getting to look a bit more disheveled.


R

No comments: