Thursday 29 July 2010

Everything In the Garden...

One of the nicer things about here is the garden

This year we got 16 pounds of gooseberries. Now if you havn't tried gooseberries from the bush then you have not really lived.

Likewise peas, you can keep your birds eye fresh as the day stuff. Straight from the plant and raw is the only way.

We have been buried in courgettes and tomatoes. Management says we have saved a fortune but really it is the quality that does it, far better than anything you could get in the shops.

  Gout has not helped at all, for much of what feels like forever I have had horrible gout, been unable to drive the fire engine, unable to use spanners - it has been terrible.

I went to the most fantastic steam fair and instead of taking part I had to watch. 

Monday though we are off to Brittany I hope the nice weather will drive it away.

Today, someone offered me a barn - for nothing, my sort of price.

So maybe things are imrooving.

I hope so.

I havn't even felt like writing, - not me at all.

R



;

1 comment:

overthehill said...

have a lovely holiday rhys and family
olive (fostering blog)