Monday 23 June 2008

Writing things down.

Funny how things trigger other things.

I was hauled up over the coals once. Water and the backs of ducks of course.

But anyway, I was pulled up for having offended a social workers delicate sensibilities by shouting at the little angel then slamming down the phone.

So of course that was all recorded and very serious.

Being a helpful sort of chap I said that maybe the records needed to be more comprehensive:

What I actually said admittedly quite loudly was:

"I have now been awake for 18 hours straight through with a child in the grip of psychosis, placing himself, myself and my family at risk. You promised to have someone here at 9 am this morning then at 4 PM this afternoon to take him to somewhere appropriate. Now you are asking me to drive 120 miles on my own in a car with this child. Do you think this is safe?"

The phone went down when you flat refused to choose between yes and no.

Funny you know there was a marked reluctance to record the whole conversation.

When I pointed out that when they went home and I organised transport for this lad, both the address for the place they had identified for him and the phone number were in fact wrong. Well I think they would have loved to write it down but you see their Biro had run out of ink...

R

No comments: