Thursday 12 June 2008

The plague house

Ahh the best laid plans....

A night of hacking cough with a nose that feels like it has been attacked with an angle grinder is not the best start to a day interviewing people for lecturer posts.

So reluctantly I have called in sick citing the bubonic plague as an excuse.

Management has said it's a slight cold and headed for shops, armed with plastic.

Taliesin has accused me of malingering with a strong hint that my wages could have been invested in petrol for his motor bike.

Said item having become more contentious when I went to mow the lawn last week and found there wasn't a drop of petrol anywhere.

The man himself took on the job over the weekend but it seems to me that the mower has developed an inordinate thirst for petrol, either that or it's all going in his bike.

Not that I would suggest such a thing of course...

R






1 comment:

Tina said...

there seems to be something vicuous inthe viral fieldhanigng around. Not content with layin velowlast week,I am now sneezing for england and Rosie has decided to fit for the last 4 hours! I am getting away with leaving her at school for now...there are more of them than there are of me!
Hope your slight cold...I mean Man Flu gets better soon!
I seem to remember my Dad having a similar problem with the lawn mowers petrol consumption once my brothers started riding motorbikes,what a coincidence!