Friday 27 June 2008

My muscles hurt....

Sometimes you have to admit to nasty facts.

I might be getting older.

It is a real delight to work on a Green Goddess, a truck where someone worked out I might one day need to change things. Getting the radiator off could have been a real ordeal, but no someone thought it through and it falls off. Well Ok except it weighs rather a lot.

Same with the cylinder head, I could feel my back objecting. Might design a little rig to handle it for the putting it back on bit.

And in total contrast I got to pretend to be clever and important yesterday.

Interviewing people who should in theory be my superiors is always an ego massaging experience. Getting to fight to get the job offered to someone who is front line and practice based over a management speak clone is about doing the job right.

Still today is back to important things, need to get that fire engine running.



Back to reality today.

No comments: