Sunday 16 October 2011

Weak ends

Hey this was a good ish one. Got a load of wood cut then lots of axe and stack stuff then as I was just recovering two different lots of friends came down the drive

This morning was, for some reason a bit of a slow starter after a night that easily lasted into morning.

Off to see the students mum this afternoon, not so good, she has done her hundred and a week or so she fell and broke her femur.

This needed  full on surgery and of course she has survived it and was sat there looking really well in her hospital bed. I think though reality is dawning, she is not going home anytime soon.

In fact the Physiotherapy and OT services have signed her off, so it's nursing home for her. She has double hearing aids and can't hear much and her glasses are not really helping as her eyes are failing.

She actually said today that she has had her time and she is wasting other peoples.

First time ever.

Of course she is such a star I am not writing her off yet.

I am sad I didn't come from that sort of stock, my kids do though....

It is also worth noting how this much maligned NHS is full of really great people doing a fantastic job.

The staff on the ward were just fantastic, there is ann indutry out there of knocking the care system and sometimes it's important to tell the truth about how good it is and how stupid it would be to change something that works.

But I digress.

Gwion is off to Aberystwyth to stay with his sister for a day or two over half term.

Maybe Branwen just wants her mum and dad to come and see her.

Sceptical?

Who me??

God I am teaching these nurses on Tuesday.

R

1 comment:

gz said...

and it was lovely to see you all too