Saturday 11 June 2011

I've been driving in my car.

Today was started at silly o clock for a Saturday and a run out to drop Bethan at work.

The magic carpet C5 then eased us 50 miles North to where the seller of the VTR was, very sensibly, still in bed.

For her own and, I am sure very well thought out reasons, the student then headed off in exactly the wrong direction for home. She did eventually change course and we ended up pointed for home. We took in a auction we used to do en route and she noted the time and date of the next one - not a good sign.

The VTR is a real monster car, personally I love it, goes like a rat up a drain pipe but if you are not in a hurry it's a nice car to drive too.

The last stretch home, our B road back lane special stage, she claims she was not trying but was seriously amused at the faces I was pulling trying to keep up in the monster C5. She might not have been trying but I certainly was!!!

We've done 1300 miles since buying the C5 and it is on it's second tank of fuel.

OK so a tank is about 70 litres.

That's good, very good.

R



1 comment:

gz said...

seeing as you'd be working it harder than I do mine,carrying more people and not exactly flat, straight roads, that is really good mileage!

(I average 10 miles/litre,sometimes a bit further)