Wednesday 13 April 2011

Another day another...

Today went well, at a kids in school type of way.

Though there were nice picking in Bookers on the way home.


This is April so of course I got the  firewood in.


I gave up on the Hayter mower rebuild, every time I went outside with spanners it rained, every time I came back in the house it stopped.


Mid afternoon resolve cracked and Taliesin lit the fire, good man, might have been a slight bit better if he took the dustpan off the top first. We closed all the doors to let the heat build up so nothing was seen till I wandered into the living room to check the fire......

Tallie got a trowel and scooped what was left of the dustpan off the fire. Of course, opening doors spreads smoke and I am very glad to say the fire alarms work well. They carried on working well for the best part of an hour as I opened every window in the building to let the gas go.

Of course this here rain had caused me to cancel refueling the 806. Mistake big style as it only just did the school run this afternoon, meaning i had to fuel it up in the pouring rain. How much fun was that?

But the worst was yet to come, the student came into contact with someone today who had experiences very like the mum of one of our previous foster children. What happened next was very very different to what happened for our foster child. She has cried a lot tonight, hmmm codes of practice, occupational standards, not sure about them at all....

R   


 
 

No comments: