Wednesday 26 May 2010

catch up.

Gosh, I am still here.

It has been a long couple of days.

My wrist, for reasons that remain unclear for the last gosh knows how many years has blown up out of all size delivered lots of pain and made things like changing gear or using a keyboard not an option.

These have also been things that knees and ankles and things have done before.

Copious drugging normally knocks this one out but it has failed this time meaning the device of last resort has been used - a visit to the doctor.

Medication in this case being a non steroidal anti inflammatory that has side effects that make you wonder if pain is not actually a better choice.

But of course a visit to doc changed all that, new meds, not the one that has been making me very reluctant to take it for years but a new one, this one seems to work and I don't feel nearly as bad with it either.

On top of this the grim reaper has been abroad. No I don't mean the Ankou, the old person with the hood and the scythe, I mean something even more scary management with a scythe.

When we first moved here I had this gut feeling that there here strimmer things were a lot less useful than my granddad's old scythe had been.

Of course we are going back a good few years since I had the use of that.

Now, fueled by auction folly we each have a scythe and she went on a scythology course.

Bad move, she has come home all fired up and the realization has been reinforced, scything is a skill but when you have it you can forget the strimmer, this thing lunches grass that a stimmer will not look at.

Then of course we have the mad axe man.

Well no Ok the mad AX man.

Tallie has really sprouted his wings and taken to the car like a duck to water.

His sister I recently promoted as her mothers daughter, he is now his mothers son.

Getting into the car is to brace legs against the cab corners and grit teeth.

This weekend builds though.

With Bethan having a slot in the local folk festival lots of practice has been going on and rounding up of mates has been occurring.

Saturday, I could be down the valley playing fire engines and instead I will be in town supporting my daughter and ohh err maybe drinking beer....

Sorry if this is not too tight or coherent but I think these meds have a lot to answer for.

R

1 comment:

Tina said...

You are very quiet. Is all ok?