Saturday 30 May 2009

Time to change....

It's time for a big change, time to reconisider my foolish ways, to go back on the mistake of my life.

I am selling up, the lot, all the fire engines all the spares; everything, I have seen the folly of my ways, owning such stuff sets you apart as as anorak clad anal retentive in urgent need of a life.

This might take a few of you by surprise, so how did I come to this view??

The simple answer is; auction.

Yesterday I went with management to the local auction house here my eyes landed on a lamp. Not any sort of lamp a huge paraffin searchlight on a monster tripod.

This was the very thing to have on a green goddess.

So, following a brief tussle with a local dealer and a considerable amount of facing down over the price it was mine.






This is here things started to unravel.

I had never seen anything like this and so I went for google.

Moments later I was inside the world of the Tilley Lamp fetishist.

There are some people out there who seriously need to get themselves some sort of a life.

There was pages and pages of it. Models, types, years of productionI bet if you were unlucky enough to meet one of these guys in the pub and accidentally mentioned Tilly they would speak without repetition of hesitation for hours and probably only stop when you poured a litre of parrafin over their head and set them on fire.

It made me think, surely there is more to life than this. Then of course i started to think about me and green goddesses, are there people out there who wince as I walk into the pub and prepare to dive out the window in case I have something new to say about my fleet??

The safest thing to do then is to sell them all before I start a website.

The Lamp does look rather nice next to Gloria though.


it's an FL6 don't you know?

made between 1940 and 1950.

There was one on the front of every australian train untill 1970

The civil defence had lots of them

They are about 3000 candle power.

Mine is post 1940 as it has tranfers not a brass plate.....

Steady boy steady - you will be starting a web page next.....


R















1 comment:

Tina said...

NOOOOOO Dont do it! Without a GreenGodess who are you?????