Wednesday 6 May 2009

Gout

Up until now I have been fairly unkeen to admit to the possibility that along with my age advancing I have become subject to gout.

This morning however management was off on one of her more assertive interventions and fair demanded I attend casualty to have my broken foot diagnosed.

Given the possibility that a broken foot meant plaster and plaster meant no driving for a month I decided to fall back on the gout defence. This did need balancing up though as of course a foot in plaster might excuse digging duties and in a month time such digging as was needed would all be done.

A quick trip to our local casualty and a busy bustling department where I as treated with the warm professionalism that allays makes me want to shout the praises of the nhs...

I as soon armed with medication and on my way.

Then it was home and a revelation of the extreme dangers of the internet. it's a truism that there's some very unsavory stuff out there on the web, the management had found much of it.

The gout diet website seemed to consist mainly of a list of everything I like to eat with stringent warnings to avoid them at all costs, alongside a list of everything I try to avoid with exhortations to feast on it in unlimited amounts. At this rate I would become a vegetablist

There has even been dark talk about confiscation of the corkscrew.

I might even lose the will to live here.

R

No comments: