Friday 20 March 2009

Time to accept defeat...

Today started on a complex bent.

Spent a lot of the mornign on telephones arranging things with people, then settled down for some serious gardening.

Well she did, she was off a strimmering and I was there with axe in hand.

Of course to strim you need fuel.

So with brane in neutral (must have been) I gassed up the strimmer.

Would not look at starting, soo off to the local garage where I bought the strimmer.

Played the merry hell there, I bought it there five years ago and it was not working so I wanted all my money back. In other words - wind up.

Garagiste opened the fuel tank, sniffed, gave me a look that said "dolt". Then said maybe if I wasn't using the original fuel it might run.

Got home and realised I had picked up the wrong fuel can and indeed the 2 stroke might have matured a little.

So anyway, filled the thing with the last of our current new 2 stroke, management went to work.

The last batch of wood had me thinking that the chainsaw was beyond blunt. I was wrong. The 50's axes that treat hardwood like balsa were struggling.

Now it's sort of late and the fire is lighting up the house and the warmth drifts lazily up the stairs

R

No comments: