Thursday 5 March 2009

STREEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I don't know how long ago it was but some time ago we decided to move.

So we had a huge sort out of the house - stress.

We got the place ready so that people could come and look at it - with 7 kids? STRESS.

We took to sitting next to the phone waiting for the call that said in a few hours some stranger would come and wander round your house - STRESS.

We took lots of strangers round out house - STRESS.

99% of them were a COMPLETE waste of time - STRESS.

0.5% of them wanted the house but didn't have a pot to peace in - STRESS.

Mind you, there was the one who foolishly opened the cupboard under the stairs into which we had jammed everything and then as a family activity scrummed the door shut.

The explosion was quite amusing - but only in a "sale off" kind of way.

Meanwhiles we went all over the high school catchment area looking at houses - STRESS.

In the midst of all this we balanced bids coming in from people who had some daft idea of how much house prices had fallen whilst trying to bid with people who thought it was still 2007. STRESS ON STRESS ON STRESS.

Now, the mistress of all we owe money on has been getting a bit, well errr how shall I put this? Ohh, I know "STRESSSED".

You have come to know me so you will know I sailed through this all on a cloud of calm.

Well maybe I am not being entirely truthful.

Today reeling from the soulless house viewing yesterday ("if you don't bid my phone number on this you can't have it" - tries not to laugh). We went to another house which might do but, oh dear here we go the price was set in 2007 when the house went on the market and the owner might come down 50 p.....

We were on our way to another viewing when the spluttering 806 clutch cable jammed and we had a zero clutch situation meaning I was doing clutchless gear changes.

Oh yes this really was my idea of fun.

Believe me I sat there in gales of hysterical laughter - well OK maybe I didn't

Only one thing to do.

I picked up the mobile, phoned the inastate agent and pulled the house off the market.

Management was visibly relieved.

We went home and I did what any decent man would:

I went to bed and went to sleep.

God that was good.

She went to a viewing, no not a house but a general auction which is on tomorrow, I think she has a cheque book.

Did I mention stress, oh yes I think I might have.

Rhys

3 comments:

Tina said...

Hoping you are more De-stressed than distressed!

Anonymous said...

DOH!, bloody self adjusting clutch cable sounds like its de-adjusted itself.

Is it still doing the cutting out thing?

You mean there's more??? said...

Yeah we are having the timing belt off next week to check that it was set right.

Aparently the belts on these like to jump cogs occasionally. Keeps me from being bored....

The clutch was odd, it had just decided to go to the bottom it's travel and stay there flopping about meaning I had to manage without a clutch, lucky I am used to driving 50 year old trucks that I often change gear without using the clutch, only thats called showing off.

R